Thứ Ba, 1 tháng 3, 2011

Not on my last supper list any more

Người đăng: Unknown vào lúc 12:09
It was like a kiss from an old lover - the an-tic-ip-ation far outweighed the reality.

I'd been lusting after a cupcake - the sort of cupcake that lives up to the promise of it's exterior. A cupcake that's worth the calories, those extra hours at the gym and the guilty feeling that hangs around for hours.

So in a mad dash, I found a car park at lunch time in Emporium, surviving the dagger looks from those who were still stalking shoppers heading for their car, and made straight for Poppy Cakes.  I've had some great cupcakes from this shop that had them sitting near the top of my fave cupcakes list. I purchased three of their standard varieties - red velvet with vanilla buttercream icing, classic vanilla vanilla and chocolate chocolate.



Eagerly I walked into my friend's shop holding the prize - a cupcake for each of us and we commenced the tasting.  Each cupcake cut into three and, simultaneously, popped into the mouth.  Then we compared our responses.

And they were - insert drum roll here - flat, only slightly interesting cake with little flavour although good texture. And the icing? So sweet it set our teeth on edge.

It's a sad moment when your dreams are shattered!

Bottom line: Still hunting for Brisbane's best cupcakes.

Poppy Cakes
Emporium, 1000 Ann Street, Fortitude Valley. p 3257 4844

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

 

Copyright © 2011 food world, drink usa | Design by Kenga Ads-template